How to set up your phone, tablet or desktop
Note: Every external program or app needs its own app password to access your information. If you use your normal password or your 2FA password, you will see a password error.
You can set up your Fastmail account to sync with almost all desktop email/calendar clients and mobile apps. Follow the links below for detailed instructions on how to set up the most popular apps.
If you already know how to set up your app, our page of server names and ports has the details you need.
If you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod or Android device, we recommend the official Fastmail app.
- Android Mail Calendar Contacts Notes
- iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Mail Calendar Contacts Notes
- Windows Phone Mail
- BlackBerry Mail Calendar Contacts
On iOS devices, Fastmail has Push support, for an optimal data experience.
- Mac OS X Mail, Calendar and Contacts
- Thunderbird Mail / Lightning Calendar Contacts (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux)
- Outlook Mail (Windows)
- eM Client Mail Calendar Contacts (Windows).
- MailMate Mail (Max OS X)
- Windows Live Mail Mail (Windows)
- Windows 8 Mail Mail (Windows)
- Windows 10 Mail Mail (Windows)
- The Bat! Mail Contacts (Windows)
If the app you want to use is not listed above, you'll have to check its documentation on how to set up an IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV account. You may need the information on our server names and ports page if it can't discover the correct settings automatically. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer technical assistance with other clients; please contact the vendor directly.
See the client troubleshooting guide if you're having problems syncing.